Developer platform offers 85Gflops performance
Non-profit development board community GizmoSphere has announced the availability of the Gizmo 2 DIY platform.
With 85Gflops performance, the open source platform is said to combine the power of a high performance computer with the I/O capabilities of a microcontroller.
Drawing only 9W, it features an easy to customise, open hardware design and includes the AMD GX-210HA dual core processor, combined on a single die with AMD Radeon HD 8210E discrete class graphics.
The Gizmo 2 can be used for applications including multi-core engineering, industrial control and automation, gaming systems, digital signage, medical and network appliance, and microcontroller applications.
It is available now from element14 and includes Linux from Timesys and a coreboot based SageBIOS OSP from Sage Electronic Engineering.
Source: www.newelectronics.co.ukPrevious news All news of day Next news
Other news ...
- Hauser calls for long term expansion of Catapult network
- electronica 2014: Infineon has embedded power modules for intelligent motor control
- Ambiq Micro secures $15m for SPOT power platform
- Plessey expands LED capability, moves into packaging
- Southampton joins with Singapore for $100m Photonics Institute
- Oxis claims 300Whr/kg for Li-S
- - March
- - June