Oxis claims 300Whr/kg for Li-S
Battery specialist Oxis Energy says it has achieved an energy density of 300Whr/kg for lithium sulphur cells and adds that it has increased cell capacity to 25Ahr, which it describes as 'a world first'.
The cell capacity of 25Ahr is said to represent a twelve fold improvement in 18 months and Oxis believes it will be able to make a 33Ahr cell by the middle of 2015 and reach an energy density of 400Whr/kg by the end of 2016.
Source: www.newelectronics.co.ukPrevious news All news of day Next news
Other news ...
- Hauser calls for long term expansion of Catapult network
- Developer platform offers 85Gflops performance
- electronica 2014: Infineon has embedded power modules for intelligent motor control
- Ambiq Micro secures $15m for SPOT power platform
- Plessey expands LED capability, moves into packaging
- Southampton joins with Singapore for $100m Photonics Institute
- - March
- - June