Southampton joins with Singapore for $100m Photonics Institute
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore has established the Photonics Institute, developed from a partnership between NTU and the Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC) at the University of Southampton.
The $100m Photonics Institute will comprise five research centres, addressing: optical fibre technology; disruptive photonic technologies; semiconductor lighting and displays; optical and laser engineering; and a photonics centre of excellence.
The Institute, which will house 120 scientists, is being directed by NTU professors Tjin Swee Chuan and Nikolay Zheludev, and ORC director Professor Sir David Payne, pictured left with Singapore's Minister of State Teo Ser Luck.
Source: www.newelectronics.co.ukPrevious news All news of day Next news
Other news ...
- Hauser calls for long term expansion of Catapult network
- Developer platform offers 85Gflops performance
- electronica 2014: Infineon has embedded power modules for intelligent motor control
- Ambiq Micro secures $15m for SPOT power platform
- Plessey expands LED capability, moves into packaging
- Oxis claims 300Whr/kg for Li-S
- - March
- - June